Monday, May 19, 2014

Blog Post 2nd Week: New Culture New Friends New Home :)

Can't believe it's already been two weeks here! Instead of working from the NGO I was able to stay in the house and work because all of my work is on the computer. It took a while to work out a secure job schedule and even now it's not completely concrete. All I know is I work about 30 hours a week 4 days a week. In terms of my job, I've been working on creating the official website for the NGO. This requires extensive time creating the design, layout, organizing the information in Spanish, and also putting pictures up. With the help of Graciela and her secretary, I've just about got it down. Now all we have to do is pay for the domain now. In addition to the website, I'm creating a video project in which I advertise what the NGO is, what it does, why it's important, and how the community can help out. This is important because the NGO relies on donations from the community. Without their help, none of this would be possible.

This week I've met so many amazing people. AIESEC Bahia Blanca is super close and warm people. We went out to eat together, drank mate, a very popular herbal drink here, and even sang karaoke. It was super fun. Recently, I've met people working in Argentina from Brasil, Peru, and Columbia! It is truly amazing to be able to meet so many driven, kind young adults from all over the world. As of yesterday, I was the only intern from the United States which was fine with me but I'm happy that I have a friend who I can talk to in English and share our cultural escapades. The new American intern is called Kapil and he attends the University of Georgia. I'm excited to get to know him and all the other interns as well.

My host mom and I are bonding super well! She's like the fashion, makeup, and food loving god mother I never had. She always takes pictures of me when I go out, and she even bought me some clothing! The past weekend I was super grateful because she taught me how to cook some popular Argentinean dishes such as arroz con leche, tarta con jamon y queso, y la crema de choclo. Needless to say every dish was absolutely delicious.

That is all I've got for now. Can't wait to keep sharing my experiences with you all! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment