Saturday, May 31, 2014

Environment and Initial Impressions


After completing just one week at MAN Marketing, I feel as though I have already learned so much. MAN Marketing is an advertising and digital marketing agency that offers several services ranging from television commercials, radio commercials, media buying, print advertising, internet marketing, social media and more. The building is very large and has not only offices but a recording studio, green screen and several viewing rooms as well.

Everyone has been going out of his or her way to make sure I feel welcome and comfortable here. The dress code is business casual which sets a more formal atmosphere to the office. There is a pretty even distribution of males and females that encompass a wide range of ages. I observed that the diversity in age allows for more creativity from the different perspectives put into every idea. 









My Desk (located right next
to my manager)
During my first two days I was assigned to shadow a couple of my colleagues to learn the ropes of the business and become proficient with their main computer program called AdTracker. Although AdTracker is very confusing, I now understand it well enough to use it on my own. Later in the week I attended a meeting at a motorcycle dealership called American Heritage Motorcycles. The purpose of the meeting was to learn about the company so that MAN marketing could later create a script for a 30 second commercial for American Heritage. My manager had me take extensive notes on the meeting that he would later use when creating the script. It was very interesting to learn about the thought processes behind commercials.

This week I also sat in on an audio recording for a Toyota Auto Dealership. I can already tell that this internship will involve many hands-on opportunities. I appreciate my coworkers’ obvious concern in ensuring that I gain a lot of learning experience in the marketing world and am excited to see what the rest of the summer will bring.  



3 comments:

  1. That is great that there is a diversity of a ages at the company. It is also good that you get to learn about computer programs. It feels like these days, the more programs you know, and can put on your resume, the better off you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your internship is going great so far! I really like all of your incorporations of pictures, as I can really get a feel for what the office is like. Thats awesome that you get your private own desk space. I also have my own desk "area", however the layout of my office does not really make it that private, rather, a lot of the desks are connected together. Do you like having your own space, or do you wish it was a bit more open and surrounded by people other than just your manager? Best of luck with the rest of your internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're going to get to do a lot of cool stuff. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete