Tuesday, September 2, 2014

CEO for a day


This is sort of a hard topic to talk about, since there are plenty of ins and outs of SoulCycle as a business I can’t understand after having been there for only two months. And, a lot of comments I’m about to make have already been mentioned by other people, so I can’t take credit for coming up with them first. To start, I would make a big push to improve new rider outreach. SoulCycle protocol is to contact new riders about 48 hours after their first time in to see how it went and really make them feel like we care (which we do). Unfortunately, the daily grind of running any given studio tends to mean that this doesn’t always happen, and even when someone does get a chance to call new riders, people don’t always answer their phones. I haven’t thought extensively about how I would change this, but it would definitely be on my to-do list. I would also change the way new retail collections are handled. When working with the retail coordinator, she mentioned that it would be cool to have totally separate lines for different cities. What people wear in LA isn’t necessarily the same as what people wear in New York, and that applies to work out gear as well. Hopefully if we tailored to each location’s specific style a little more, we could sell more!

2 comments:

  1. It's really nice to hear about a company that reaches out to customers and cares! I agree that this could be done better, maybe through communication by other means rather than just phone call. I could see social media being a good venue to communicate with customers and see how they feel as well. I also like the idea of different styles needing to be addressed. I think you've gained an open minded and caring view through your internship and I congratulate you on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariana, that is a great idea about changing the clothes to differentiate between LA and NY. I never got the chance to make it to a SoulCycle class but definitely want to try it eventually.

    ReplyDelete