Thursday, September 4, 2014

Reflection

I am currently writing this almost 2 weeks after I wrapped up my internship at the Los Angeles Kings sales and service department. Looking back, although a bit cynical, I tend to think about all that I hoped to learn but never got the chance to. However, as I reflect on the experience more and more, I've become a bit more optimistic regarding all that I took away from my time at those offices this summer. This opportunity was no ordinary circumstance, and I was incredibly grateful to even of had the chance to work for a professional sports team. In reality, I shouldn't have gone in there with such sizable expectations. I was still only 19 years old with little knowledge or experience in the areas of sales or office work. But, it was a stepping stone. And as cheesy as it sounds, it's true. Over the course of the summer, I was introduced to the workings of spreadsheets, sales calls, boss/employee relationships, and much more. So, after absorbing all these helpful resources and experiences, I've realized I have no reason to complain about all the tedious and stale work of an intern, but rather to appreciate it.
300 Continental Blvd
El Segundo, CA
The offices of the Los Angeles Kings

Highlight of the viewing party outside Staples Center during
the King's Stanley Cup run. 

1 comment:

  1. Jason-- what a great year to work for the kings. I also felt like I left my internship without learning a few things that I had hoped to.

    ReplyDelete