Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Blog 6


I must say, this was one of the best summers of my life thus far. And I have my internship at Straus News to thank for a large part of that. Not only was everyone very welcoming and friendly, they were also very trusting. When I talked to many of my friends about their summer internship, they would tell me how their days were filled with Netflix and Facebook. This was not the case for me and I really appreciated that. So, if I was CEO for a day I would keep a lot of things the same. I believe an organization runs best when work is distributed evenly throughout the company. Straus relied on the interns for deadlines to be met, and I would continue that. One thing I would change, though, would be to hold more brainstorming meetings on possible article ideas. We had these every Monday afternoon, and I would probably implement them at least 2 more times a week than that. Also, I might start a chart that switches off bringing food in, because everyone loves food!

1 comment:

  1. I think you make a really good point about distributing responsibility. I also think that is an extremely efficient way to get things done rather than making certain people do all the work. I think interning is best with companies who rely on the interns and give them actual deadlines because that's how it is if you have a real job.

    ReplyDelete