Friday, December 12, 2014

CEO for a Day


The Ohio Attorney General’s office does not technically have a CEO, however, there is an elected politician to run the office as the Attorney General.  The current Ohio Attorney General, Mike Dewine, is an advocate for child and family protection.  DeWine has created programs to identify and arrest sexual predators, improve school safety, human trafficking, child abuse and bullying. 
As Attorney General I would focus on the issues plaguing our society both on the local and national level.  I feel as though the current Attorney General has accomplished admirable work on targeting a few of those areas, but I would add a few more. Human trafficking is something that has continuously been a growing problem in the state of Ohio.  I would generate as much efforts as I could to prevent any source of human trafficking. 
I would also extend my efforts in preventing child abuse to include domestic abuse as well, and helping victims escape harmful situations and create a life for themselves after the abuse
Heroin abuse has also become a major problem in the state of Ohio.  I would increase the staff of drug trafficking officers to help take heroin off the streets. 
Bullying is a huge issue in America right now.  I would try my best to prevent any types of bullying, especially cyber bullying, in young teens.      
I think the best way to stop systematic issues is to start by implementing programs in the community.  People need a way out of their problems.  I would start programs to help victims of domestic violence and human trafficking get jobs or a new home.  I would have workshops to teach children to value themselves and others, and encourage each other rather than be mean to one another.  I would also tell children there is another option and place to get help.  In addition to fixing what is already a problem, we need to prevent the problem from escalading.  

Not to mention free coffee to all AG employees....

Note: The opinions expressed in this blog do not reflect the opinions of the Ohio Attorney General's Office

No comments:

Post a Comment