Friday, December 12, 2014

Changing Perspectives


A few of my perceptions have changed from the time of my fist blog post and now, and a few have remained the same.  I still believe the environment I work in at the Attorney General’s office is very uplifting and positive and a place I hope to be in the future as a lawyer.  Many of my preconceived notions regarding law firms were that lawyers were “sharks” and were stressed out most of the time. Everyone I work with seems to always be in a pleasant mood and greet me everyday.  We’ve had one office lunch and beforehand, many people in the office wanted to make sure I was attending the lunch and that I knew it was okay for me to attend. Then afterwards made sure I had enough to eat and wanted to send me home with leftovers.  In my office, people look out for one another and want to help each other.  I have heard many stories about how at private law firms people are afraid they are after your job and are trying to go over your head.  I do not experience any of that at the Attorney General’s office.  In fact, many people have served as great mentors and resources for me to advance in my career. 


note: this blog does not reflect the thoughts/opinions of the Attorney General's Office

No comments:

Post a Comment