Thursday, December 11, 2014

Inside the ER: EMRAP Round 2 (CEO for a Day)

If I was in charge of running this organization, I would give more opportunities for professional development in class. For instance, majority of the EMRAPers are juniors that want to attend medical school. I would provide them with mentors who can teach them how to conquer the medical school application process; I would hire people who can help them with mock interviews (similar to how we did mock consents before being able to enroll patients in studies).
Also, if I was in charge, I would provide EMRAPers with certification classes for CPR/First AID and any other classes that they may need for jobs such as patient care technicians. I would also provide internships for them after they finish with their EMRAP internship so that they can continue to professionally develop.
Another aspect that I would change is to provide EMRAPers with more opportunities to get together outside of class. For instance, I would host a movie night/study night outside of classes and provide the EMRAPers with snacks and food. I would also provide EMRAPers with free food of their choice during their shifts; I would also give them several gifts such as EMRAP t-shirts, portfolios, pens, etc. I want to do this because I want the EMRAPers feel that they are appreciated for their work.

These are some things I would do if I was CEO for day, but for now, I think I will just stick to being a clinical research assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment