Friday, December 12, 2014

Environment/Initial Impressions


I have just finished up the first week of my internship in the Attorney General’s office.  I have been placed in the criminal section dealing with health care fraud.  I am thrilled to be working here because I plan on going to law school and receiving my Masters in Public Health.  My first week on the job has been an absolutely wonderful experience.  Everyone in the office is extremely nice and willing to help me or answer any questions I may have.  The office has arranged me with my own room, laptop, and phone.  The office includes positions from section chief to receptionist.  However, I do not feel a sense of superiority or hierarchy.  The special agent supervisor comes in to my office multiple times a day and asks me how I am and how everything is going. The attorneys have all been extremely nice and talk to me as a colleague rather than an intern.  Because I work in a law office everyone has to wear professional attire.  However, suits are required when going to court.  The office is filled with diverse individuals from different backgrounds, races, and gender.  I am looking forward to everything I am going to learn during my time here. 

Note: This blog does not reflect the thoughts/opinions of the Attorney General's Office

No comments:

Post a Comment