Sunday, August 17, 2014

Accomplishments and Reflections as Internship Draws to a Close


As my time comes to a close at RCA Marketing, I have the opportunity to reflect upon the experience. I feel that I have become a much more organized person. I feel that now whenever I have a creative idea I can put it in a format that is much more adhesive to actually seeing the idea come to fruition as opposed to being “oh that would have been cool to accomplish”. My work on the marketing campaign for a new up and coming artist whose name I cannot disclose was probably my greatest accomplishment. I helped shaped who he will be as an artist in the future, and how he will appeal to the public eye. One of the most fun tasks that I accomplished was putting together a mood board. This is a collection of images whose message agreed with that of the artist. I used classical art with modern lyrics displayed over the pieces to give off the sophisticated and hip look that this artist is attempting to achieve. I also chose images of modern, urban fashion, as well as rain soaked streets and graffiti sprayed walls. My favorite image was that of broken piano keys, which served as an ode to his ability as well as his edgy nature. It has truly been a transformative experience at sony music.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I would like to say that you are so lucky to be able to work with Sony Music and an upcoming artist! That is so awesome! Though, what is a mood board exactly? Is it something that will be displayed to the public or is it something that just outlines what look the artist will have and will serve as a reminder for him?

    Also, being organized is a great skill! Especially that school is about to start, I also have learned organization skills through my internship as a result of having to organize paperwork and research stuff. I hope that you take your experience and apply it to school!

    ReplyDelete