Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 4: Changing Perspectives

            While I knew that my bosses were extremely welcoming, I have noticed how sincere and helpful they are to me. They truly want me to learn as much as I can, and repeatedly explain to me that no question is stupid. I have formed great relationships with all of them, and was surprised when they invited me to my bosses birthday dinner. We all had a great time, and they did not treat me like the intern, but rather an equal. I am very appreciative of all of the time they dedicate to me, and cannot imagine working in a more supportive environment.
            When I began working at Morgan Stanley, I did not know much about the private wealth sector or if I was interested in finance at all. However, after spending a month here, I really enjoy the content I am learning, and find the business extremely fascinating. I now know that this is a career I may want to pursue and am very pleasantly surprised because I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I do. My experience here has been incredible so far, and I look forward to learning even more about investment banking in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome. Why do you think you were able to create such a good relationship with your boss? Was it because you were doing such a good job, or was it because they had that very welcoming personality from Day One? Or a little bit of both? That's something I feel like I sort of struggled with, so I am just curious!

    And it's also great that this experience has helped you decide your career goals! Good luck with the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great that you have such a nice relationship with your bosses and I am sure in the future they would love to help you find a job or write you a letter of recommendation. Sounds like you are having an amazing summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always surprised when bosses and fellow employees are so kind and interested in interns. They come and go so fast -- 12 weeks isn't very long -- and so I feel like it would be easier not to put in the effort. But people are much nicer than I give them credit for, and it seems like you've made some very strong relationships that might help you out in the future.

    ReplyDelete