Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Blog 6

It was bittersweet finishing my internship this summer. When I left, all my bosses and everyone I worked with was so nice offering to write me recommendations and help me out with future endeavors. I am so happy I was able to experience the fashion/magazine industry this summer because it helped me realize what type of job I would or wouldn't want in the future. This was my first internship and taught me many lessons that I could not learn in a classroom. I am so happy for this opportunity and will use the skills at my next internship. It was really cool seeing my name printed in the September issue of the magazine and made me feel like all of my hard work this summer really paid off. If I were CEO for a day at my summer internship, I would throw all of my employees a party because they work so hard everyday. After working at a magazine, I now read one differently because I understand how much goes into publishing one. From each article of clothing, shoe, model, and story, every employee puts in so much effort and a party should be thrown in their honor! But, I still need a few more years of work under my belt because at this point of life I am definitely not ready to be the CEO!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alexa--After working at a TV station, I also have grown to really appreciate each piece. Much like a magazine article, audiences often don't realize how much time, energy, and thought (even on the littlest details) gets put into it! I'm glad this internship enabled you to realize exactly what you do and don't want in a career, because, you are there to both assist the employees and learn what it is like to be part of the industry. It is also really neat that your name will be printed in the upcoming issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that the feeling of ending my internship this summer was bittersweet. Everything that I learned at my internship this summer was information I would not have been able to learn sitting in a classroom. It's great that you now will carry on the lessons you learned to prepare you for your future!

    ReplyDelete