Sunday, August 3, 2014

Powerpoint Presentations and How to Make Spreadsheets

Its' been 3 weeks, and I've gained quite a bit of insight. I've learned that I choose school over work any day of the week. I've learned that I better start understanding how to make spreadsheets a hell of a lot better. And I've learned that work really isn't supposed to be that fun. This was the first week I wasn't babysat and coddled as much by my boss. I was left instructions on what to do for the week, and from there I was on my own. My job was to contact as many stadiums, arenas, and venues as possible and devise a presentation that deals with how our staff is recognized at Staples Center. Our program lacked much depth compared to most of the stadiums I called. It was quite interesting coming into contact with all these representatives from different teams across the nation. Whether I was talking to the Denver Nuggets at the Pepsi Center or the Chicago White Sox at the US Cellular Field, the reps were so willing to help. Every team I talked to had questions on their end as well, which felt pretty satisfying when I answering to all these directors of Human Resources. As the week came to a close, the presentation was complete and I compiled quite a number of different programs and tactics that potentially could be implemented as soon as next year. So, like I said earlier, work is no playground. You get there on time, do your work, and leave; nothing else to it. However, though it may not be fun, walking away from your desk after a productive day at work and getting complimented based on your results is as close as it will come.

1 comment:

  1. I think that work should be just as fun as school. Perhaps as you improve things will get better? If not, maybe there's another workplace that is better suited to your interests. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete