Wednesday, August 6, 2014

CEO for a Day


When I looked at this last prompt earlier on in the summer, I thought that I would have so many things that I would change about Katrina Wan PR. However, now that I have completed my internship and really seen everything that goes on in this company, I now know that I am nowhere near qualified to make any changes at all. My boss, Katrina Wan, lives such a chaotic, crazy life. She is always on the go and moving. Whether it’s meetings, phone calls, emails, interviews, pitching, etc., she is busy ALL day long. The fact that she can be so incredibly busy all of the time and still run a company so well amazes me. Therefore, I don’t believe that I would change much about Katrina Wan PR because I wouldn't even know where to start. Although, one thing I would change would be having the team work together more than they currently do. The team comes to the office every Monday from two o’clock until five o’clock to discuss all of the projects we are working on, but the rest of the week I don’t see most of my coworkers. This is somewhat difficult because, for someone who is learning (like me), it is more difficult to get in contact with my boss and coworkers. I know this would be hard because Katrina and the head publicists are so busy, but I do think that if we met one more time during the week we would all be more on the same page with everything going on. However, other than that I don’t think that Katrina Wan PR needs to change much. For a company that has only existed for three years, it is doing pretty well.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your internship! Seems like you learned a lot and maybe one day you'll be CEO of your own company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being done! That must've been pretty difficult to go through the summer with little communication and contact with your coworkers! It sounds like you still were able to learn a lot and have a good grasp on how the company could improve. I do agree though that this prompt was especially challenging because it's hard to find something to change in a company that is already running smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your internship! It seems like you really enjoyed the experience and you now have a better understanding of how crazy and busy the life of a publicist is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting that you say you wouldn't change anything and that you thought you would at first. I think it's easy for people to make judgement without really knowing what goes on in a company or in a person's life. It seems that you learned something valuable there not just for your career but for life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a newcomer to the PR industry as well, I definitely thrived off of being immersed with everyone, employees and interns included, who worked at Bollare. Although you didn't experience this similar immersion, learning how to be self-efficient and making decisions when you didn't have anyone to ask is definitely a beneficial skill that you have picked up.

    ReplyDelete