Friday, August 15, 2014

Blog Post 5

I think the biggest lesson I have learned so far at Michigan that can be carried over to my internship is that your tasks aren't going to wait for you to catch up to them, you just always have to be on your “A” game. Like at Michigan, you have the biggest chance of falling behind if you don’t have all your assignments done on time, I used that same fear to make sure I always had my internship priorities done on time. I’m using skills such as communication to talk to artists and interview them via their press contact, I’m also developing a much broader sense of responsibility as I’m in charge of an entire website. Towards the end of my internship I surprisingly learned about all the local Seattle venues who work with us in order to make their site(s), calendar listings look better. I was also surprised to learn that we have a partnership with one of the Nation’s most popular radio station, KEXP and that we were able to establish a business partnership with Live Nation. All these events were awesome to be around for and super exciting for Do206’s future.

I also plan on contributing to the website while back at school by covering artists who I'll catch before they get to Seattle when they do East Coast to West Coast tours.

Here are some pictures of shows I've attended on the job thus far:
All photos by me

Milk Carton Kids
Grouplove

Parquet Courts
The Hold Steady

Foxygen

Raz Simone

Chromeo





Odesza


















1 comment:

  1. So I actually really love Grouplove, and its awesome that you got to see them. Seems like you did find those hidden gems :) What a great opportunity to continue your relationship with Do206, not everyone is always that lucky. But that is the beauty in start-ups and smaller business, if you make a good impression your in!

    ReplyDelete