Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Blog 6: CEO For A Day

      It's crazy to think that my internship is over; this summer flew by faster than I expected! I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work at such a great company with incredible co-workers who I will be sure to keep in touch with. My internship at Primary Wave Music was a perfect entranceway for me to prepare for a future career in the music industry, and I am so grateful for my summer internship.

      If I was the CEO of Primary Wave Music for a day, there's honestly not much that I would change about the company. Starting at the smallest detail of the company, I love the layout of the office space. There are no doors. Everybody has desks or cubicles next to one another, which gives the office a literal feeling of an "open door policy". The CEO does not even have his own office, and this allows everybody to feel comfortable as equals.

     It must be extremely difficult to be the CEO of a company which contains so many different departments within the music industry such as management, digital marketing, branding, etc. The CEO must oversee all of these individual departments while also completing other tasks of his own. I feel that the current CEO completes his job with excellence, as it always seems that the company is running smoothly on a daily basis. I think it is great that although there are different branches of the company, they all seem to intertwine in their own ways, making the company a whole.

      This internship allowed me to see the basics of the music and entertainment industry, and I can't wait to see where it will lead me to in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment