Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Looking Back on My Experience at The Big Ten Network

After leaving the Big Ten Network, I miss taking the train to work everyday, and I miss the atmosphere I worked in for 10 weeks.  This internship experience couldn't have been any better, and I hope to return here one day in the future.

As I reflect upon all of the people I got to know during my time at The Big Ten Network, I realize one common theme: it takes time to become successful in the television industry.  Success in the TV industry doesn't happen over night, it's more a process of paying your dues and starting small in hopes of one day making it in television.  

On the other hand, I was told about the many more opportunities a sports broadcaster has in today's industry with the rise of online and social media sites.  This is exciting news as I start to look for jobs in the upcoming months. 


Working the Big Ten 10K



In addition to the knowledge I gained about the TV industry while working, I also learned so much from being so hands on.  I got to tape segments in the studio, host mock shows, and conduct interviews for Big Ten Media Day.  This was most valuable to me because I actually got a taste of what it would be like to work as an on-air sports reporter.

As this part of my journey ends, I feel confident to continue pursing my dreams as an on-air sports reporter.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your internship! That's great that you had such an incredible experience working for the big 10 network. There were definitely times for me over the summer where I was discouraged when realizing the amount of time it takes to make your way to the top. Still, It sounds like you got so much from the internship and embraced potential future networking opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing your internship! Big 10 Network seems like an amazing experience and from the positivity in your post it sounds like you really enjoyed every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete