Friday, August 15, 2014

Blog Post 6

If I were the CEO for a day… I would have my interns get me coffee more. Psych, I wouldn’t do that.  This subsection of the organization is small, there are only 2 people in charge and I would keep it that way! By the way, Do206 is a part of DoStuff Media that has Do’s, so what-to-do calendar websites in cities across the country including Toronto and Mexico City. I would totally recommend you checking out your city’s “Do”! As far as interns go, we were pretty much covered with interns who were into all sorts of music. Maybe getting an intern or even a boss that identified themselves as LGBT would be helpful because there are a lot of LGBT-specific events around the town and we want to cover them and create content around them to the best of our ability.
 


Truthfully, nothing in particular has occurred to me that I would like changed. Do206 is run well by two geniuses in their particular field and they both have a ton of connections, that’s what I would request the heads of an organization would have. Perhaps I would allow our interns to sit in on more meetings with other clients, but that would be totally up in the air. I would keep much of what my bosses (“CEO’s” in this case) did for us, including being able to attend a lot of concerts free of charge and creating editorial content for it pre and post show. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I just covered a festival for the first time (not related to my summer internship), and it was a total blast. Hope you enjoyed your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your furthering relationship with Do206 could lead to a more inclusive internship! And seeing as how you enjoyed your internship and like the way it is being run, sounds like something both you and Do206 would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete