Tuesday, August 12, 2014

CEO for a day!

If I were the CEO for a day at Crowd Surf, I would pretty much keep the structure the way that it is. I like how it is a cozy environment, and everyone is not separated. The intern table is located in the middle of all of the employees making it easy to approach others with questions. I really enjoyed how they made the interns feel as if they were a part of them, allowing them to go to different work events with the staff.

The one thing I may change that I realized while working was that there were days when one employee would be extremely stressed and swamped with work, while others did not have that much to do. Depending on who was your boss, that would determine the interns work load, therefore sometimes interns would not have that much to do.  I would make it so that if one employee has a lot to do, they could send out a blast email to all the interns so that one of the interns who is not doing anything could assist them.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Crowd Surf, and I gained a lot from it. I was able to make so many great connections and meet wonderful people.



1 comment:

  1. Allison I really like your idea about employees letting each other know that they need some help. This would be a good set up in most industries as it would get the work done more efficiently and at the same time collectively. Employees would also become more familiar with each other so the work environment would be even better.

    ReplyDelete