Sunday, August 17, 2014

CEO for a day at Who What Wear


If I were Katherine Powers or Hillary Kerr, I would implement an internship program that enables the interns to try all facets of the company and connect with one another. Seeing as though they tend to hire their interns, allowing their interns to learn about marketing, business, fashion, editorial, and social media would be of upmost value to their company’s success and growth.  I think it would also be valuable to allow interns to pitch and write stories. I think a younger and fresher voice could be of value to the magazine.
On the other hand, I think Who What Wear has established a very unique business and social media platform that has placed it on the forefront of other fashion publications.  I am curious to see if it will be bought out and how that will affect the quality and the demand of the start-up.

4 comments:

  1. I also wish that your experience offered that. It is rewarding to be amongst people who are in a similar situation with you. It almost goes back to the networking point. You never know, maybe someone in that intern pool could have been the next editor of some major fashion magazine. It only stands to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have some really good ideas about what to change in terms of the role of the interns. It is true that often young people have different, fresh takes on things that a magazine especially, especially a fashion magazine, could really benefit from hearing. I completely agree with you on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to try and expand opportunity for younger employees and the interns. Still, many companies have limited resources and when it comes to a choice between senior staff and newcomers, they're going to make a decision that's best for the company as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way at my internship and wish I could've contributed more to the creative aspects of the show. Regardless, congrats on a great internship!

    ReplyDelete