Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 5: Looking Back/Overall Insight


             Although I was not able to take any business courses freshman year, my Econ 101 class provided me with some background upon beginning my internship. Since I was forced to make presentations in many of my classes, I was definitely more prepared for my weekly presentations, although they made me anxious.
My first year at the University of Michigan definitely shaped me as an individual. My coworkers really respected me because of how distinguished a school Michigan is, and were even more impressed by my acceptance to Ross School of Business. I did not feel like an intern, but rather part of the Bieber group. My bosses included me in conversations, allowed me to listen in on phone calls and trusted me to make important phone calls for them. I believe that because I am a student at such an esteemed school, I was initially viewed as capable of performing critical tasks and being involved in client relations. Michigan has prepared me to be an independent, respectable, and confident individual.

2 comments:

  1. Even little things from certain classes can definitely help with certain situations! U of M being such a great school with a good reputation can be extremely helpful, but also remember that your hard work (with the help of U of M's resources) also helps you! Keep up the great work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a similar experience during my internship where I was treated more as a regular member of the staff rather than just a temporary intern. This made me enjoy my internship so much more, because I was making substantial contributions and felt less intimated by people much more experienced and older than me. It's great that you were also trusted with important phone calls and proved that you could have that more major responsibility by handling the calls well!

    ReplyDelete