Sunday, August 17, 2014

Blog Post 5: Looking Back/Overall Insight


Wow! 9 weeks flew right by. I can’t believe that this is the end. I have formed relationships and friendships with little 3 year old Shriya and with teachers like Cindy and Frank. I’ve learned so much about myself, my strengths my weakness and I think I fulfilled all the goals I had set out for myself. This experience has given me the confidence in knowing that I can actually make a difference on any scale to an expansive age group. The business skills I picked up have already started serving me, and my internship isn’t even over. The time I have spent with my colleagues has showed me that I am tougher than I think. There were days when it was hard work as children are not always reasonable. But, I kept moving, kept going, kept trying and now some of those students are excelling. Its hard to believe that 9 short weeks can do that! Now that its over, I still go back and visit, as it has become a part of me. The teachers tell me that the students are always asking me where I am. And as I walk in I always know that I’m going to receive a ridiculous large smile followed by hugs from my students. It’s fulfilling to know that you have actually made that kind of impact on a person. That was the biggest thing for me this summer, and wouldn’t have been possible without Best Brains.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this truly seems like an amazing internship! It seems that your confidence has grown, and that you've made a real impact with the children. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a great experience. I'm sure you learned a lot working with such young kids, and felt extremely rewarded!!

    ReplyDelete