Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blog 4

From this environment I have learned the importance of multitasking. Throughout the day, I am always doing several projects at once and asked to do a million different errands for different people. What helps me is to make a list of what everyone asks so I can make sure complete exactly what they want. My bosses are always impressed when I go above and beyond what they ask me. I also learned that it is important to be self-suffienct and to not ask a million questions. When put in a situation of not knowing what to do, I had to think what my boss might respond and act on that instinct instead of approaching them and asking the little question. It impressed my boss more when I completed a task how I thought I should instead of asking little details, but it is important to listen to what they are telling me so that I know what they are asking of me. I also learned that people are always stressed and time-crunched in my office and I must know when to help or step away from the situation. It is important to always be on my toes and ready to do what my bosses ask no matter the task. 

3 comments:

  1. Balancing everything is a hard thing to do (I still sometimes struggle with it), but learning how to multitask can help you in several situations! I also find myself making lists in my internship as well because without one, I often forget something. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also made list during the day to keep my on track and complete all the necessary assignments that my bosses and co workers assign for me! I understand what you mean by self sufficiency. I found that before I would go ask a question, I would think it over completely beforehand and try to find an answer so that I did not bother them if it wasn't necessary. Good luck with the rest of your internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the times that I figured things out for myself were the moments that my supervisors were the most impressed. Multitasking was hard for me to because there would be moments where I had nothing to do, and then I would have 5 new tasks to be done all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete