Friday, August 15, 2014

Final Thoughts


Looking back on my summer at Clear Channel Media, I am beyond grateful for all of the experiences I had.  I think my internship was very successful, in the sense that I learned a lot about myself and about the media industry.  One of my goals going into this internship was to determine whether or not I would like to be in the radio industry.  I did not fall in love with the radio industry; in fact, I do not think it will be where I end up in the future, but there were a ton of cool aspects I feel lucky to have experienced, such as the promotional excursion to the Zac Brown Band concert with the street team, a very relaxed work environment, and more.   Another one of my goals was to determine whether or not I liked the marketing industry and if I could see myself going into marketing, and I found out that this job had little if anything to do with marketing at all!   Finally, my last goal was to develop good relationships with the other interns, workers, and bosses. I definitely feel I developed lasting relationships with other interns- some more than others, but that is to be expected.  In terms of other people from the office, I did feel a divide between them and us, but never with any animosity.  It is actually extremely interesting because everyone in the promotions department started out in the same intern position as me, so they all had to go through the same process to get to where they are today and they understand the importance of our responsibilities.  As far as my bosses are concerned, I definitely had a closer relationship to one of the three, but good relationships with all.  The boss I was closest to is on vacation this week, and regardless, I drove out to the office today to say final goodbyes and hug my other bosses.  Even though we were not extremely close, I feel it was important to have that closure and make sure they know I was appreciative of everything they did.  Again, I am very grateful for this experience and look forward to utilizing my new knowledge towards whatever lies ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really important and great that you were able to figure out that you did not want to pursue a career in the radio industry in the future. It definitely shows that your internship was such a great experience even if you don't want to pursue it, and you must have learned a lot about yourself too. A good relationship with your bosses definitely adds to the experience in a positive way, and I think having that closure is important. When I was leaving on my last day, I was a little nervous as to whether my bosses would come say good-bye or if they knew I was leaving, but that closure was important so I went out of my way to say good-bye, too before they left.

    ReplyDelete