Thursday, August 14, 2014

Blog Post 1: (Sorry for the Delay!)

      My Internship so far is pretty neat, it’s in this small office space inside the Paramount building in downtown Seattle. This summer gig of mine is called Do206, it’s a “What To Do” in Seattle website. We are one big calendar. Because we are a website and that the staff consists of me and my two bosses, our office really does not to be all that big. For office politics, it seems Jay, the General Manager is the guy in charge and Rich, is also very much in charge, he is the Content and Editorial Manager. I am the Content and Editorial Intern. From the first day on, I have been known as “Ben, the Intern”. Jay seems to be pretty busy contacting potential clients/advertisers. The site just launched this past January. Rich on the other hand, is consistently busy on the site, fixing problems, making events, updating scrapers, etc. He’s in charge of making sure the website runs, and runs efficiently. I wouldn’t say the internship is chill nor laid back by any means but my bosses’ style of dress is very “Seattle”, no suit and tie. Not that that would be helpful when the only people that would judge is each other. I find it to be really easy to talk to both of my bosses, one is easier than the other to communicate with, but both so far seem like they really appreciate my presence and enjoy me helping out. There are 3 other interns but I haven’t met them yet, I’m the intern that will be spending most/all the time in the office compared to the others. My two bosses are pretty young, around 30 years old and have been affiliated with the music industry for a while. 
The office is super small, there are two small desks for my two bosses, a table and a bathroom containing a tub that no one can use. It looks like I’ll be sitting on the floor or an uncomfortable plastic chair until they get an intern desk. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved your last comment! I just met someone from Seattle, and was shocked to learn that "seattle" is a life style and it seems like you got to experience it first hand. I also worked at a new relatively small company, so I understand the trial and error situation. Hope that it turns out well, and that you got a chair the next day.

    ReplyDelete