Sunday, August 17, 2014

Blog Post 6: CEO for a Day


Best Brains is committed to helping students reach their full potential. If I was the CEO of this company, there are very few things I would do to improve the center, as it is already run pretty phenomenally. My number one concern is making the students feel a bit more special. These students are coming for a reason, and it is usually because they are not performing at a level that is considered standard. So, motivation is what I have noticed has lead the kids to try more. Sometimes the smaller victories aren’t celebrated. But to their credit, they do a great job making the kids feel good after big wins! They have a system called Best Brain Bucks and they provide amazing gifts and trinkets for the kids to cash in on. No lie, if I was a 10 year old, Id be in heaven!!! But my boss’ commitment to the kids is unwavering. That’s my favorite part of the organization, because they do genuinely care. The director is always talking to the parents and the students, she is checking in on those who are working, she even teaches when a child needs a lot of attention. That is a rare quality to find these days. But that is also why Best Brains is successful.

2 comments:

  1. Karishma, it sounds like you are working for an excellent company. The fact that there are few changes that you would enact proves that working for this company was a worthwhile experience. However I approve of the fact that you are thinking both big and small picture, thus suggesting you have a sense of the intricacies of the company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a wonderful place to work. I think its great that Best Brains is so devoted; that's obviously a key quality when taking on a job like teaching. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete