Thursday, August 7, 2014

Blog #4 Changing Perspectives

While the environment at my internship is very relaxed and casual, what is expected of everyone is not. Even during the summer, when movie production and development tend to be a bit slower, all the work around the office must still be perfect. This is even more true for the management part of the office. Clients are the number one priority, and if something is not right, (from their ride to an audition being a minute late, to tomatoes being on their sandwich when they hate them), it can cause major embarrassment for the company. Before starting this internship I did not totally understand what an entertainment company did. Aside from learning how to do script coverage, and analyzation, I have also learned about proper client etiquette, prospective project research methods, and even a little about private equity. I really like that every day at the office has something new to offer, and it has been really interesting getting to see everything that has to happen in order for a movie to get from pre-production to the theater. I'm still not sure if working at this kind of company is what I want to eventually do, but I like that I am able to see every aspect, and have such a hands on and involved experience. Being on call at all times, working long hours, and dealing with very last minute changes are all difficult parts of working in this field, but being a part of a team that brings entertainment and joy to so many viewers definitely has its rewards.

2 comments:

  1. Even though it sounds like a really demanding job, you seem to be learning a lot! Enjoy the rest of your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds exhausting Ilana, but what a great experience. From what you have told me they really appreciate your work and I am glad to hear that it seems like they still are giving you that responsibility! Good work!

    ReplyDelete