Monday, August 18, 2014

Blog 5

            Throughout my internship, I have used many skills I acquired at the University of Michigan. A lot of my communication skills and writing skills have come from taking English 125 as well as Comm 101. My English 125 was a communications based English, focusing on email writing, and social media blogging. Comm 101, was a similar type of class to the English class I was able to take first semester. We focused on social media communication. This was similar to the type of communication I used at work as I was constantly writing emails. The events I encountered did not specifically surprise me, however, my use of these skills in such events did surprise me. I wrote many templates for feedback discussions as well as email updates. My ability to write as well as I did was completely in thanks to the university of Michigan.

            The University not only prepared me academically but also, prepared me professionally. My experience as an incoming freshman, meeting new people as well as encountering new experiences helped me to better understand what to do in a new situation. The university prepared me for that uncomfortable "I don’t have the answer" feeling, which I never experienced much before. 

1 comment:

  1. While it's good to hear that the University prepared you well, I think your internship and work experience is much more valuable and applicable when looking for work. School work and professional work have much different goals and I think there's more to be gained outside of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete