Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My last week at the 48th District Court

   As I begin my final week of my internship at the 48th District Court, I realize how upset I am going to be next Monday not waking up and coming here. I have fallen in love with my routine as well as my co-workers throughout the last 11 weeks. I have been fortunate enough to follow some cases throughout their entire trial beginning with the defendants arraignment to their jury trail and have been able to sit in with the prosecutors throughout all of their meetings. I have truly learned more than I could have ever imagined in my time here as well as generated my own opinions about different cases and different laws.
   Most of all I will miss my co-workers who I have grown to love and enjoy spending every moment with. Everyone whose path I have crossed throughout my internship has made such an impact on my time here. There was not a single police officer, judge, attorney or even clerk that I met this summer who was not always there to help me and teach me anything they could possible teach me. I know that all of the connections I made this summer through the 48th District Court I will keep for the rest of my career. Once I finish my internship I am still going to come back in the fall and help Judge Small with her campaign and fundraisers. Although my internship may have ended and I will not be getting credit for school or getting paid, I have made such a connection with Judge Small and her staff that I cannot imagine staying away and not helping her with as much as I can possibly do.
   I cannot believe this summer went by so quickly, I could stay in the courthouse here for the rest of my life and never have a dull or boring day. I have learned so many tools that I will carry with me for the rest of my life and I cannot be more thankful for the opportunity I was given this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Allie, I think it is great how much you loved your summer internship and that this will help you will your future career goals! I am happy you had such a fulfilling summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sector of your internship is quite different from the rest on the blog. It's good to see that you made valuable friendships in such a high stakes job.

    ReplyDelete