Friday, August 15, 2014

Blog Post 4

       I haven’t really made any drastic observations between now and my first blog post in terms of the environment and culture of my internship. One thing I can for sure say with certainty is that my bosses are a whole lot busier than I initially thought. We use an online organizer called Asana to keep track of our tasks/to-do lists, and my bosses are flooded. That’s just an example. Since my first blog post, I’ve met the other interns. I for sure am the intern who spends the most time in the office, then there is Tatsuya, a Japanese exchange student who is also a content intern, then Shaun & Martha who are both older than me, and do more editorial intern stuff such as taking photos and writing more reviews. We have been meeting up all together every Tuesday for Editorial meetings to discuss what’s happening on the site in terms of what needs to be improved, fixed, and tasks. I think this internship I landed is particularly unique in the way that you can dress to go to work, I am very positive that many jobs will not have the same lax dress code as this one had even if they are also in the music industry.

One boss
Tatsuya, and empty boss desk to right
#12thMan

2 comments:

  1. That truly is a small office, but I guess the just means less space separating you from your colleagues. I am definitely jealous of your lax dress code, at my internship I had to dress up every day. Imagine running around kids in heels. I wiped out a few times. It was not pleasurable. But its cool that you got to interact with other interns, Im sure you learned a lot from them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekly editorial meetings are a big positive in my opinion. It helps keeping everyone co-ordinated and also get to know your co-workers. It sounds and looks like you had a rather relaxed office which is good especially for this kind of job.

    ReplyDelete