Thursday, August 14, 2014

CEO for a day


Being CEO of any company would be a tough task, especially one with different operations such as International Marketing Strategies. Admittedly the company is very well set up and organized, in all aspects, from the quality of the work to the relations among co-workers, reflecting the collaborative efforts of the staff.


The one thing that I would push for would be having a more formal weekly meeting with all the staff to discuss what they did or are planning to do this week. This would let everyone know what their colleagues are working on and would help in furthering a more directed approach. It would also help bring together the conference and editorial side more formally than the daily interactions of the colleagues. Even though there is a strong communication and cooperation between the two sides I think that such an arrangement would create room for brainstorming and innovation within the company. The people from the editorial side could make valuable contributions to the organization of the conferences while at the same time the conference staff could suggest topics for the editorial department and give their thoughts on the editorial staff's current work.



Apart from this if I necessarily had to make changes it would be small things. I would require that there be a pot of fresh coffee throughout the day and give everyone Friday off.


In all seriousness I am glad to say that there is nothing major that needs changing at the company. My internship experience at International Marketing Strategies showed me this and I am grateful that I was able to gain this valuable experience in such a fertile environment.

1 comment:

  1. You know, it is interesting that some companies do not have formal meetings. I understand that it may be because everyone is so busy, but it would be nice to have meetings just so that people can be on the same page and also to foster a sense of community among people. Also, I really like your idea of coffee and Fridays off; everyone needs a little pick me up and a little break!

    ReplyDelete