Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 3: Overcoming Obstacles

Since I must learn a new topic every day, it can be hard to retain everything. At the end of each week, I must give a presentation to my bosses on what I have learned. This has been challenging for me because I get very nervous speaking publicly, especially in front of my bosses who I want to impress. My first two weeks, I felt a lot of pressure to impress my bosses. However, since week 1, I have definitely improved and am not as nervous when making my presentation. I have surprised myself by becoming more comfortable presenting and have begun to enjoy creating the presentations. I create a PowerPoint which ties together all of the topics I have learned with current events. I now find that I look at the Powerpoint less when presenting, because I am becoming more familiar with the information and language. Although this has been my most difficult task, I know that I am overcoming my fears and working hard.

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome that you are becoming more comfortable with public speaking, as that is such an important tool to have for any industry that you may go into. Its great that you are learning this because it also may help you out once you get back to school if you every have to present in lectures or discussions!

    ReplyDelete