Sunday, August 17, 2014

Blog Post 4: Changing Perspectives


When I first joined this internship, I thought my learning would come from my experience with kids. I thought that I was going to learn just about how to communicate with people and also make a difference in their lives. And I was okay with what I was going to get out of it. I want to be an attorney, and it’s pivotal that I learn how to communicate with all types of people, at any age. Turns out, the most rewarding experience for me was learning about the way a small business is run. The company had just opened its doors in February and was still finding is rhythm. I’m grateful to have been part of the process. I got to learn things about a diverse set of topics. I learned how to do accounting and pay roll, had to learn how to deal with a landlord, and I even got to help read through all of the legal documents, and as an emerging attorney that was a really great experience. I began to see some of the other benefits I could reap from the internship. In fact, I never thought administration work could ever be a benefit, and now I realize that eventually I to am going to set up my own business and I’m going to need those skills. Hopefully by the end this internship I’ll gain all of the skills needed to do just that.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that in this week you learned quite a few practical skills. I certainly have not learned to do accounting and how to work a pay roll. These skills I'm sure will serve you well in the future and can be applied to and be useful to a variety of different fields.

    ReplyDelete