Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Initial(ish) impressions


Even though the summer is technically winding down, I’m in not quite at the middle of my internship and still feel like I’ve just started! Intro to my internship experience: I’m a marketing intern for SoulCycle, an indoor cycling studio that’s more like a party on a bike than a traditional workout. I'd been at SoulCycle for about a year and a half and when I was talking with some friends about how much I missed it and how much I needed to find an internship for the summer, one of them made this suggestion! I didn’t know if SoulCycle offered internships, but I sent some emails, ended up getting an interview and ultimately an internship! I was lucky enough to be able to spend the first half of the summer studying abroad in Spain, and summers are short enough without cutting them in half, so I was a little worried I wouldn’t really have enough time to get settled in and feel like I had accomplished something. But, everyone here is incredibly welcoming and I was able to get right to work. As it happens, my boss (the Director of Marketing who’s based in New York) started working at the West Hollywood office the same day I did, so it was nice to be able to settle in together. Obviously he has way more experience working with SoulCycle than I do, but it was comforting to know we were adjusting to a new work environment at the same time. 

1 comment:

  1. I started my internship late as well, it was definitely difficult to settle in, but everyone was so helpful to me as it seems like your boss was to you! Seems like a nice comforting place to work!

    ReplyDelete