Sunday, August 17, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles


I worked from 10 am to 7pm at Who What Wear. One of the challenges I ran into was from around 3pm until 6pm, while waiting for twitter approval from the editor and when Pinterest hits a lull point, I could not find many tasks to do. I learned to be self-sufficient and research new social media platforms as well as companies and individuals we should be connecting with on twitter. My boss would be extremely busy at this time or in and out of meetings, so I had to keep myself occupied while still staying on task.  I learned that even though Michelle and her assistant, Olivia, could at times become preoccupied in their own work, I had to take the initiative to find tasks on my own that would be of assistance to them. 

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you were able to remedy that situation. I know I personally feel so useless if I don't have a task, and all I want to do is sleep. But, we cant really do that at work can we? But those hours are quite long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a lot of blogs at this point that all mention the same issue as you, Jilly- the awkward lull when no one is telling you what to do, and you have no previous instruction or project to work on. I think this is probably an issue for interns everywhere. It's awesome that you took the initiative to put in your own work that caters to the purpose of your internship, like researching social media platforms. That shows how proactive, motivated, and committed you are!

    ReplyDelete