Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blog 5


Today at my internship, I worked alongside the freelance stylist. I helped her pick out different hands from probably 100 that came into the office. She had me try some on and give my opinion of what I thought would look good. It was very interesting to see the different components that went into choosing a hat (color, size, style, and how it would photograph). I enjoyed styling and picking of what I thought would look together and thought that this could be a future career of mine. After we chose the hats, we had to pack up for the cover shoot, which was the next day. I had to put everything in trunks from shoehorns to tape to robes to the gowns. Everything had to be neat and organized and well placed so that it all fit. The stylist explained to me that tomorrow a model would come that was the same size, shape, and skin color as the cover model and they would fix the lighting and figure out the makeup and placing and that in two days the cover model would come put on the clothes and quickly take the pictures. I loved understanding all of the different facets that went into taking a cover shot and really enjoyed helping out the stylist. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a ton of fun! At my internship, I too was helping with similar concepts. I was held responsible for doing pulls for magazines, photo shoots, and press opportunities! It's so fun getting to know that your help really means something to the company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an awesome experience and like you are learning so much! Do you think this is the field that you may want to go into one day?

    ReplyDelete