Wednesday, July 23, 2014

blog 1

Today concludes the first week of my Straus News internship! I was very nervous at first, but I must say, each day it feels a little easier and I feel a little more comfortable with my surroundings. The office I am working in is very small, but this is not necessarily a bad thing!

In terms of first impressions, here are some things I have noticed: the entire office has a very laidback atmosphere. Men seem to be wearing jeans and button downs, while women wear blouses and pants or skirts. In terms of rules, I wasn’t given or told any specific list of them, so I had to use my best judgment when it came to things like knowing when I could go out and get lunch. I had to ask another intern as to when they left at the end of the day, and who to turn work in to. It seems as though I am the newest person in the office—everyone else seems to settle in at the beginning of the day without question as to what to do. Luckily though, I feel like I am starting to do this as well after only one week. But, all in all, so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment