Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Looking Back/ Overall Insight at Industrial Color

Three more weeks concludes the end of my internship at Industrial Color Brands. It has been an incredible experience working for a production company that offers services such as retouching, editing, motion capture, and many more to high end brands such as Victoria’s Secret, HBO, and Sephora. It is astonishing to see the extent of editing and retouching that goes into a picture, even when working with a Victoria’s Secret model!
As the marketing intern, I am involved in various projects such as designing business cards, brainstorming ways to interact with types of media in order to advertise our company, and developing marketing campaigns to promote their new software that helps creative teams manage their photos. Although I do believe that my psychology major has been a key asset to the marketing side, I wish that I also came into this internship with knowledge pertaining to programs such as InDesign and Photoshop. These are two programs I frequently use and I have wasted valuable time watching tutorials to teach myself how to use these programs. I do believe that U of M should offer an introductory course on how to use Photoshop, InDesign and other creative programs to students, even if they are not involved in the art school.

Overall, my experience at Industrial Color Brands taught me several important principles. First, I learned that it is vital to try and solve a problem first then to immediately ask for assistance. My mentor is always more impressed to watch us spend time to figure out a problem then to continuously ask questions. Additionally, I learned that it is imperative to greet everyone in the office, even if you have not been formally introduced to them yet. It is crucial to be recognized by other employees as friendly and outgoing. Each experience I have had at my internship has helped me grow personally and professionally.

1 comment:

  1. I find it so interesting that you work with companies such as Victoria's Secret, HBO, and Sephora. I have always been interesting in things such as editing and retouching because nowadays in our society that has become so prevalent in the media.

    ReplyDelete