Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Overall Insight


In the University of Michigan, I took a class about Pop Music and Culture. I think that because I took this class, I was able to learn about the evolution of music and then apply it here in the work force.  I am constantly hearing about the next thing they are going to do, and ways to promote artists that is completely different than how they did in the past due to new technology. I realize that this type of work is unlike many other fields. I always had the preconceived notion that if I wanted to do music marketing, I would only need to take marketing classes, however now I realize that other classes benefit a lot as well. Business class will be able to teach me how to brand the artists and promote them (similar to marketing), I can take a graphic arts class to learn how to photo shop and edit photos that are being posted for the artists, and I can even take a coding class in order to learn how to export videos and make the file sizes smaller, or convert photos. I learned that there are many different approaches and majors I can take and still be able to do the same job. Overall, I learned that I have a wide array of majors I can take and I am not restricted; I have the ability to do what I love. There are many different paths and approaches to take that can all lead to the same result.  

1 comment:

  1. I think it is great that your internship has opened your eyes to numerous different opportunities at UMich. It is beneficial to take a variety of classes to understand the broad range of interests and possibilities in your field!

    ReplyDelete