Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 2: Getting to Know Your Colleagues

Interning at a company of 26 employees has been great so far because it's easy to make connections with coworkers and seek out advice. So far, my boss JT has definitely been the most mentor like. Not only has he been patient and helpful, but he has given me some real feedback on the script coverages I have been doing. Even when he was telling me how to polish them up, he still managed to compliment me on my writing skills and story-telling abilities, which definitely made me feel more open to his criticism. Being in charge of the interns is a job that JT volunteered to do, and I really appreciate the fact that on top of all of his own work, he still finds time to help and teach us. Some of the people in my office started off in mail rooms and have worked their way up, while others, like my boss, happily, but randomly, have ended up doing what they do. Training is super important in the entertainment industry, so I'm glad that my boss has already started to teach us about proper phone and email etiquette, and how everything works regarding clients and privacy. Becoming the CEO, or even a top employee, of a production/management/music/private equity company is not easy, but my internship has shown me that with the right determination, it's not impossible.

1 comment:

  1. The office I work at has about 30 people, so the size is quite similar to yours! I also have a mentor who has taught me how everything works at the company. Having a mentor is definitely beneficial, especially when I need guidance on a particular task.

    ReplyDelete