Saturday, July 26, 2014

CEO For A Day


The current CEO of the company I am interning at is friendly, interacts with numerous employees, and has much knowledge about the creative industry. He is the reason the company is run by diligent employees who have positive attitudes.
Industrial Color Brands is young, exciting, and there is always someone coming up with innovative technologies to revamp their product called globaledit. Due to the fact that I only intern at this company for a couple days per week, it is challenging to determine what can be changed or improved. One thing that I have noticed is that employees interact with one another based on where they work in the office. The office is massive and is made up of several small rooms closed off with curtains. These rooms have to be dark in order to do editing and retouching work.
From past research, I understand that Target Corporate offices have a thing called “coffees” where you can ask anyone in the office to have coffee with you. It is a great way to meet people and build relationships with co-workers. I think it would be very beneficial to use that idea and translate it in a New York way to something called “pizzas”. This will help the interns and employees meet people who work in different rooms in the office and learn about their experiences so far at the company.

1 comment:

  1. Alana, that's interesting insight. I never realized it, but I definitely feel like one's physical location in the office where I intern totally dictates who he/she becomes friends with. But I also feel this is necessary. In my case, I see that people who do similar types of work must sit next to each other, so you have easy access to help. In that regards, I like the seating layout we have.

    But I totally agree with you that more activities should be created to create friendships. It would be good for any company, as one can truly learn and appreciate what his/her co-workers are working on during a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete