Sunday, July 6, 2014

Getting To Know Your Colleagues


So far, I have really enjoyed working with the various members of my company. They are all very relaxed and casual, which makes the working environment much less intimidating. Each person has provided me with positive constructive criticism when I make a mistake and has helped me to learn how to fix problems. I have mostly worked with my “mentor” named Sarah. Everyone at Katrina Wan PR is broken up into different teams to work on different film titles. One person is the head and the other works under that person. Being an intern who doesn’t know much about how anything works, I, of course, work under the head for each project. Sarah has mostly headed the projects that I have worked on and she has really taught me a lot. She has been incredibly patient with me, especially when I have found myself asking (almost too many) questions. I really appreciate her patience with me because there is such a learning curve involved with becoming a member of the team. From the very first day, she has given me access to the many tools that I have needed to navigate my way through this internship. Most of the time it is just her and me in the office and she has made the office environment very comfortable. I have noticed that the more I have worked with her, the more responsibility she has given me. I can definitely say that I would not have picked up how everything works so quickly had it not been for her close mentorship and willingness to take me step by step through my internship process.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Roni! So glad to hear that you are making good relationships with your colleagues. Sarah seems like a great connection to have so it is great that you have her as a resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really great that you have someone to guide and help you along the way. Adjusting to an unfamiliar environment can be overwhelming, but it sounds like Sarah is doing everything she can to help you succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that adjusting to the job is going smoothly. It's nice to have someone that is good with interns that can sort of guide you along.

    ReplyDelete