Friday, July 11, 2014

Week 4 at ICM: Changing Perspectives

My encounters with this culture have not changed my perspective about myself or the environment of ICM. Honestly, my experience of interning at ICM aligned very closely with my expectations going in, which I am grateful about. I am a naturally outgoing person which helped immensely at ICM, because it is such a loud environment that welcomes and celebrates people who are outspoken and honest. I have observed that the most outgoing agent's assistants are the ones that get accepted into the agent training program, because having a loud personality at ICM is often favored over other qualities. I have also observed how important it is to be vocal, because that is an integral part of how successful an agent will be. Not many of my preconceived notions changed. I was, however, surprised at how independent I had to be, because often it was up to me to find my own work to do, or to reach out to people with inquiries of what I could help them with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment