Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Week 6: CEO for the day at Winger Marketing


CEO for the Day at Winger Marketing

It is my second to last week at Winger Marketing and while I am excited to get back to school, I also am feeling sentimental about my experiences here. I have learned so much and have created great relationships with my co-workers. I'm very thankful that I got the opportunity to work here this summer. 

With that said, if I was CEO for the day there are a few changes I would make. As an intern, I didn't always feel as in the loop as my four co-workers obviously were. One of the reasons for this is because they didn't set my computer up with "lync." Lync is basically a chatroom for the office. All of the other employees were able to instant message each other by using Lync. Whenever I had to ask someone something or for an assignment, I always needed to get up and do it, even if it was as simple as, "what do you want to pick up for lunch?" Although this is a very small thing, I really would've appreciated having it on my computer as well. One of the employees works in another office on the first floor of the building, so going all the way to the first floor to ask her a question while others could "lync" her was sort of inconvenient. 

Additionally, I would've included myself in more client meetings. I did a lot of behind the scenes work for our clients like posting press releases online and mailing out informational packets about events, but I never got to meet any of them. I did ask my coworkers over an email if I could attend a meeting, and while they responded optimistically saying they would check their calendars, the idea got kind of brushed under the rug. I really think that client interaction would have complemented all of my behind the scenes work very well. It also could be my own fault for not following up on my own request, but it was already very nerve-racking to ask them in the first place.

Overall, I do not regret my decision to intern at Winger Marketing in the slightest. These are just two minor changes I would have liked made!

No comments:

Post a Comment