Monday, July 28, 2014

Looking Back Overall Insight

My experience at UofM has greatly prepared me for my internship at Succarra PR. When I completed Psych211 at UofM, I obtained many new skills, which I then went on to apply to my job search. Some of the skills obtained in my mock interview during the class helped me to feel confident during the interview process. Once the job was secured, I then continued on to use the skills I had obtained in the work place each and every day. The class discussed how critical it was to build relationships with people in the work place and I used this skill, which I plan to use in the future in pursuit of my career goals. I not only applied my skills during the job but I plan on continuing to improve on these skills to facilitate my career search after graduation. Sometimes at work I encountered situations that surprised me, one being where the creative director had a different outlook on ideas compared to what the rest of us thought. At times, there was the clash of differing opinions but in the end we were able to easily work it out and come to an agreement. Working in fashion can be a tough situation, especially when you have so many clients and so little employees. It is important to stay calm and positive and always allow others to contribute their ideas when working on a project.

1 comment:

  1. I also took Psych 211 and it helped me as well! Sounds like you have a great attitude about working with others and creating these important relationships.

    ReplyDelete