Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Changing Perspective


=
The more encounters and experience I have had at MAN Marketing have changed my perspective of not only this particular environment but all work places as well. I’ve enjoyed learning about my co-workers and observing each of their different work habits. During my first week of work I had a preconceived notion that everything always ran very smoothly because everyone was so organized. Although my colleagues are usually very on top of things, I was relieved to know that people still make mistakes all the time. Although everything appears perfect on the outside, people are always correcting their own errors and helping one another out. It was comforting to see that even in such a big company errors are still made and there is always room for learning and improvement. I have learned a lot more about marketing in general than I knew before the summer. The different thought process that go behind even the simplest designs are much more thorough and intense than I had ever imagined. For example, I was able to go and assist a 30 second commercial shoot at a restaurant called Bella Familia the other day. Although the commercial was 30 seconds, the filming process took the entire day because of lighting adjustments, different camera angles, and many other behind the scene variables that most people don’t even consider. I continue to make the most of this internship by always paying attention and learning from the people around me. I am still amazed by how much I am able to learn about the working world, the people around me and most importantly myself from this internship.
This picture was taken at the Restaurant photo shoot. 

3 comments:

  1. Your experiences are very similar to mine! It is so interesting to be behind the scenes of production and appreciating how long a 30 second piece takes, how many mistakes are made that the viewers are unaware of, and how much time and effort goes into everything the viewers see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing that a 30 second commercial took a whole day to film because of the many different elements to be considered. I'm glad you have learned so much from this experience, especially about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really awesome that you received the opportunity to partake in the filming of a commercial! I am sure it was very interesting to observe how much time, money, and energy goes into a short 30 second commercial.

    ReplyDelete