Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 3:Overcoming Obstacles

As pre-production interns, our boss usually gives us random scripts to read. Since my boss is not a manager yet, the scripts he receives, and then gives to us, are not always the best, or most polished ones. The higher the position of the employee the script is submitted to, the better, and more valuable it usually is. Following the positive feedback I received from my boss regarding the first two coverages I did, he decided to give me a script that had been directly sent to one of the managers for a specific client of ours. I definitely felt more pressure when writing/doing that script coverage, but it felt cool that my boss had given me a lot more responsibility than before. He even told me that if that manager liked the coverage I did for him, I would probably get to do more for him. The biggest challenge I have faced in writing coverage so far is condensing an 120 page screenplay into a one and a half page summary. I managed to get a four page summary, down to two and half pages, so I'm slowly improving. My boss has also given me suggestions on how to get it shorter, and has been really understanding when I hand in ones that are a little too long.

1 comment:

  1. It's really nice to see that you are embracing the responsibility given to you by your boss. I know that it can be scary when the pressure is put on you but it goes to show that your work is valued.

    ReplyDelete