Sunday, July 20, 2014

Blog 3: errands


Sometimes my internship gets slow which is difficult and makes the day really slow for me especially when I have to stay until 7 pm. There are fifteen other interns that I work with so the work gets divided evenly and thinly. It looks bad to be on our phones so we sit there for some parts of the day. I always try and jump on any opportunity to go on an errand or go get something for one of my bosses. When doing an errand, it is imperative to listen to instructions of where I am going, what I am getting, and whom I am contacting. I mostly take the subway, but sometimes we take cabs. It is also important to remember that I am representing the magazine to another company so I always have to act in a way that reflects well on the magazine.  I go on some really cool errands to pick up different garments like to Armani or Jimmy Choo, sometimes I get coffee, and the other day I went to get Popeye’s Chicken for my office. It is always a good experience no matter what I am sent out to do and creates connections where I meet people at different offices and helps me get to know New York City better. 

3 comments:

  1. I understand how frustrating that can be! But looks like you have a good attitude about it which I'm sure goes a long way with your bosses! Keep being positive and working hard and good luck with the rest of your internship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely boring to sit and do nothing, but sometimes just taking in what your co-workers are doing can be a great experience. It sounds like you are making the most of the downtime and showing your bosses that you are committed and willing to take on any task that comes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexa- I always jumped at the chance to go on errands as well. There is nothing more boring than just sitting around the office on a slow day.

    ReplyDelete