Monday, July 14, 2014

Changing Perspectives


I went into this internship with an open mind and very eager to learn. I know that fashion is definitely the field I want to work in; however, I didn’t know what I wanted to do within this huge industry. And I still don’t. But being a jewelry sales intern has definitely showed me a completely different side of the fashion industry than I have seen before. I really enjoy my assignments everyday and feel that the information I am learning will be valuable in any aspect of the fashion industry because when it comes down to it, sales plays a role in all areas. The overall goal of any designer is to drive sales. Although I really like what I do at my internship, I have discovered that this specific area is not where I see myself working when it comes time for a full time job. I couldn’t see myself doing this everyday as my career. I know now that I want to do something more creative. I am interested in exploring styling, merchandising, public relations, and other areas to see what seems like the best fit. This is my second internship at a designer and hopefully next summer I can intern in a different environment such as a fashion PR firm or the fashion department of a magazine.  

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you were able to figure out what you want to do. At least it was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Allison. This internship gave you more knowledge into the general field that you want to be a part of. One day (when you are a big time fashion editor at Vogue) it may help to have this extra background knowledge of Jewelry sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you were able to narrow down what you might be more interested in doing with fashion! Your internship this summer still seems like it was a great experience!

    ReplyDelete