Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Looking Back/Overall Insights at Winger Marketing


Looking Back/Overall Insights at Winger Marketing

The summer, especially my time at Winger Marketing, has gone by so fast. Looking back on my first week at Winger, I definitely feel like I have come a far way. During my first few weeks I always had to ask my supervisors if there were any tasks or projects they wanted me to work on. This would happen multiple times a day as most assignments were small and only took an hour or so. Now, I enter the office every morning and get right to work without having to ask what I need to do. I have certain accounts that I work on which requires multiple responsibilities. For example, I write press releases, create calendar listings to decide where to post the press releases, post them, then continuously check the websites or publications to see if they decided to run a story or post about the client. It is cool that I can now look at my huge excel spreadsheets with all of the publications I wanted to get my accounts into and see how I now have links to the majority of them to where the information I provided was posted.

I am also somewhat amazed and glad at how comfortable I have become at Winger. During the first few weeks I definitely was on the quieter side. I kind of only spoke when spoken to and tiptoed my way around the office and acted more as an observer. Now when I sit down at lunch with my coworkers, I easily can be the one who starts the conversation and I even can laugh at how nervous I was the first few weeks. During our team meeting yesterday, we were speaking about an upcoming client's event on Friday. One of the account executives was going, and she asked the president if she could come to. The president then said she would but she needs a babysitter. I quickly volunteered to do it and she was thrilled. I definitely would not have offered during my first week to babysit the president's kids. Now that I am close with her though, she feels more than comfortable having me watch them for a few hours and it is definitely a great perk because this internship isn't paid!

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you got a chance to get really comfortable. I work on the other side of this, in journalism, so it's very interesting that you get to monitor who runs stories and that kind of thing. I'm usually the one writing them!

    ReplyDelete